Citation payments

Solaire

22 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

It would create some more activity around the city hall and maybe a person can only pay the fine when there is someone working there.

Love you, but this is ludicrous. The activity of the members in gov is atrocious as it is, but to shackle everyone else with charges because of their inactivity is fairly cruel. For reference, here's the availability schedule of the licensing staff.

Availability.png.e3cd3ab961ede9d96f3329d92db0497f.png

This screenshot was taken three days ago, and has remained the same since well before that.

I'll upgrade my "no from me, dawg" to a "hell no."

11 hours ago, Solaire said:

Leave a mark on what specific date the fine is paid, this makes us also able to guess if you paid the fine within the required time limit and if not you are eligible to be arrested for failure to pay a fine. 

That's not how the law in the United States works - if someone did this in real life, it would be a national story. Sorry, but this does no service to realism and only serves to give a bored cop more arrests because he somehow "lost" a scenario in which someone pays a fine while in the process of being pulled over. There are enough gang bangers out there for you to chase without having to harass people over things that are non-issues in real life.

Edited by Smilesville
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Love you, but this is ludicrous. The activity of the members in gov is atrocious as it is, but to shackle everyone else with charges because of their inactivity is fairly cruel. For reference, here's the availability schedule of the licensing staff.

Availability.png.e3cd3ab961ede9d96f3329d92db0497f.png

This screenshot was taken three days ago, and has remained the same since well before that.

I'll upgrade my "no from me, dawg" to a "hell no."

That's not how the law in the United States works - if someone did this in real life, it would be a national story. Sorry, but this does no service to realism and only serves to give a bored cop more arrests because he somehow "lost" a scenario in which someone pays a fine while in the process of being pulled over. There are enough gang bangers out there for you to chase without having to harass people over things that are non-issues in real life.

But the gang bangers vs cops is one of the main issues in this server - making it like an advanced Heavy Cops and Robbers RP server. We need small time crime too, so ordinary folk can interact with the cops more often. This suggestion here is just one drop of adding more small time crime. If we really wanna get the economy going then the main focus should be towards civilian life. A good example to prove this is that the gang bangers whos main source of income should be drugs don't have a single screenshot on their threads about corner slanging.

My point here is to make civilian life more interesting so it can spark up the whole server.

1 hour ago, Tr1bal said:

But the gang bangers vs cops is one of the main issues in this server - making it like an advanced Heavy Cops and Robbers RP server. We need small time crime too, so ordinary folk can interact with the cops more often. This suggestion here is just one drop of adding more small time crime. If we really wanna get the economy going then the main focus should be towards civilian life. A good example to prove this is that the gang bangers whos main source of income should be drugs don't have a single screenshot on their threads about corner slanging.

My point here is to make civilian life more interesting so it can spark up the whole server. 

Of course, but this should come about because someone chose to do it, not because they logged off the server for a few days and forgot to pay attention to the login messages - or worse yet, because an officer pulls up the fine history and manually goes to track down every individual who paid their fine late. If someone doesn't find a particular line of play engaging and it isn't absolutely crucial, we shouldn't require them to go through it. If it's a drop in the bucket with regards to your end goal, I would suggest that the pros do not outweigh the cons, and we should leave this one well enough alone.

I personally had an issue with this I pulled over a person and Double checked they have fines I requested back up stating that I got one outstanding fine. 

A unit arrived on the scene and he checked MDC and told me that there are no fines. At first, I thought it was a glitch in the MDC but later I found out you can pay your fines anytime anywhere I am all up for it.

• 3 weeks later...

As I said, no need to be on site, just like how gas station works, you can fuel wihout it being on. But I want at the least a timestamp on when the fine has been paid so we have legal proof to arrest someone for not paying his fines on the required date.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:33 AM, Solaire said:

This is really abusive of the system to avoid the charge "failure to pay a fine".

I don't see the issue with this at all. You should be able to pay your fine as easily as possible, as you can realistically do it online.

It's not abusive to pay something online or ASAP so that you don't get arrested for it later. If someone waits until getting pulled over to pay it, it's a little irresponsible of them, but you got them to do what they were supposed to do.

No reasonable judge would sentence someone to jail time for a late payment, unless it's 10+ fines.

Edited by Havana
3 hours ago, Havana said:

I don't see the issue with this at all. You should be able to pay your fine as easily as possible, as you can realistically do it online.

It's not abusive to pay something online or ASAP so that you don't get arrested for it later. If someone waits until getting pulled over to pay it, it's a little irresponsible of them, but you got them to do what they were supposed to do.

No reasonable judge would sentence someone to jail time for a late payment, unless it's 10+ fines.

Even then, in real life it's timestamped as it shows you exactly what time you paid it. That's not the case  for us in GTA world. It dissapears without a trace. I want to be able to see the time of the citation that got paid. So basically this:

Time stamp when the citation got issued, timestamp of when the citation got paid.

A time stamp for it sounds fine, initially. Having to pay it at city hall or a government building will result in it being just as annoying as the DMV: you can use /vget on your car, get the message that you have to pay the tax today, and get pulled over on your way to pay it. Get the wrong cop, and suddenly you’re going to jail.

I’m still against the idea of using a time stamp on a fine that was paid, but paid late, as an excuse to arrest someone.