Vehicle Names Immersion Break

KFN

Use of IRL vehicle names  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As we all should know by now that there is no actual vehicle script in GTA World which allows us to establish what a car is apart from its GTA Model aka a Weeny Issi etc etc, which means when you buy a car you buy its GTA Model not a Mini Cooper etc. Which brings up the point of why people end up calling such cars after their IRL versions which I feel ruins immersion, as when I speak about my car I refer to it as a Weeny etc however you get the occasional person who calls it a Mini instead.

What I'm trying to say is why don't we just say this is an alternative universe where the likes of Mini, Volkswagen, Ford and all that do not exist; this would stop the occasional immersion breaks from people who go about labelling cars after the ones which they are vaguely based off of IRL.

Plus it really helps when there are those cars what are based off of multiple IRL models where some people call them a Mitsubishi Lancer whiles someone else says its a Subaru Impreza, I mean that must really annoy some people and it'd be 10x easier if we referred to it as a Karin Sultan because y'know its what it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Pascal locked this topic