GTAW 1.5 Development blog #1

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, Nervous said:

Trucking, the new wage system, and server side mods will most likely be released soon whereas the unique items and the body script still need to be worked on for a few weeks.

What's the status? 

I'm most interested about the new weekly paycheck system. As I've been preparing for this change as a faction leader, I've based my calculations on an hourly cost for a 9AM - 5PM job, so 8 hours a day, and multiplied that by 5 days a week to get a weekly figure that will be paid. This makes the most sense to me.

My concern is this however;

We can't have a faction's paycheck COSTS remaining the same, as this would decrease the amount of money received by players by around 80-90%.

And we can't keep the current hourly paycheck the same and just multiply that by 8 and then 5, because that would increase the COST and amount of money received by players by around 80-90%.

So maybe a fair way to balance this is to calculate the total average playtime hours for the position with the most amount of employees, multiply the current hourly paycheck by that number which will give the daily cost. Multiply that by 5 and you'll get the weekly cost for that position. This new weekly cost can be used to determine the new paychecks for the other roles in the faction.

In my faction's case it would be around a 15% COST increase each month. Other factions may vary based on different factors.

Is this how we should be calculating and preparing for this change?

Edited by Spartan
15 hours ago, Spartan said:

I'm most interested about the new weekly paycheck system. As I've been preparing for this change as a faction leader, I've based my calculations on an hourly cost for a 9AM - 5PM job, so 8 hours a day, and multiplied that by 5 days a week to get a weekly figure that will be paid. This makes the most sense to me.

My concern is this however;

We can't have a faction's paycheck COSTS remaining the same, as this would decrease the amount of money received by players by around 80-90%.

And we can't keep the current hourly paycheck the same and just multiply that by 8 and then 5, because that would increase the COST and amount of money received by players by around 80-90%.

So maybe a fair way to balance this is to calculate the total average playtime hours for the position with the most amount of employees, multiply the current hourly paycheck by that number which will give the daily cost. Multiply that by 5 and you'll get the weekly cost for that position. This new weekly cost can be used to determine the new paychecks for the other roles in the faction.

In my faction's case it would be around a 15% COST increase each month. Other factions may vary based on different factors.

Is this how we should be calculating and preparing for this change?

You have understood it well in your first part : it would decrease the amount of money received by (some) players by around 80%.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Nervous said:

You have understood it well in your first part : it would decrease the amount of money received by (some) players by around 80%.

Which in turn people might be feel like they are underpaid, I understand the need for the system, but nerfing people so hard can cause them to get frustrated and leave the faction, possibly even leave the server.

9 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Which in turn people might be feel like they are underpaid, I understand the need for the system, but nerfing people so hard can cause them to get frustrated and leave the faction, possibly even leave the server.

It was agreed with all legal factions and PD commands, it has been already discussed. Players with "automatic" paychecks shoulnd't become rich just because they play a lot, that's not realistic compared to their job. So the limit is here for that.

8 minutes ago, Nervous said:

It was agreed with all legal factions and PD commands, it has been already discussed. Players with "automatic" paychecks shoulnd't become rich just because they play a lot, that's not realistic compared to their job. So the limit is here for that.

Okay, so it will affect only legal factions?

• Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic